CURED SALMON EVERYDAY?
Cure The Salmon Yourself is, as said, both easily and quickly. Cured salmon suit according to me anytime, but especially on christmas. Because it only takes a few minutes of work to cure the salmon, there really is no reason to buy the cured salmon in the supermarket. 10-15 minutes of work then wait for 2 days and then it is done. You can use the salmon for a sandwich, in a pie or in a good salmon soup. In other words he can eat cured salmon when ever you want to.
CURE THE SALMON YOURSELF RECIPES
- about 1 kg Salmon fillet (frozen/half thawed) the middle bit
- Chopped dill
- 4 tablespoons granulated Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Salt
- 2 tsp coarsely ground white pepper
Do Like This:
- Do you have frozen salmon, you start to thaw it so that it is ‘ half thawed”.
- Divide the fillet into 2 roughly equal pieces. (the skin must be left attached.
- Then, wipe the salmon with a paper towel or a kitchen towel. Feel through the fillets for any bones and remove them.
- Mix together the white Pepper, Sugar and Salt in a bowl.
- Rub the fillets with about 1/3 of the mixture.
- Sprinkle the dill and the rest of the salt mixture on the fillets.
- Add the salmon pieces with the meat against each other and the salt and dill mixture.Keep in mind that the thick part of the fillet shall lie against the barrel of the second fillet.
Now it is just to put the salmon in a plastic bag and into the fridge. Wait 2 days and then you can enjoy the home cured salmon! ?
Join the newsletter
Latest posts by andreas (see all)
- Repairing The Tractor Again! - April 21, 2018
- 10 Homesteading Skills Every Homesteader Should Learn - April 17, 2018
- How to Start Homesteading Now - April 14, 2018